Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Bridge I Thought I Wouldn't Cross



Adobe has a lot of branches when it comes to softwares which are mostly multimedia production related programs. In the Creative Suite series, one of the new addition to the family was Adobe Bridge. At first, Bridge was something I'd usually brush under the rug or panic when I accidentally click the "Browse in Bridge" option under the File menu in Photoshop and other Adobe products I'd usually use but since its a requirement for us to study the mentioned program, I've found reasons to appreciate and actually use it.

So what is Adobe Bridge exactly? To my understanding, it is a program that is hooked up to the Adobe System and Softwares, like the name, it bridges out to these other programs. Bridge's use is that you can organize files with its tagging, rating, and filtering system, process or edit files without having to open them one by one and do changes to several with one click but Adobe Bridge lacks the manipulating or editing capabilities like Photoshop or Lightroom so that's why its tied with the Adobe products.

In simpler terms, Adobe Bridge is used for organizing files.


In our second year in studying Multimedia Arts and having a Photography class this semester, we are automatically assigned to cover big events that happens around the campus. Since there will be more than one student to do the coverage, photos and videos that were taken during the events needs to be compiled for output submission of our organization and I asked one of my classmates, who was one of the photographers of the events, "Are they using Bridge for the files?" and they said "No." and I answered "Well, they should.".

No comments:

Post a Comment