Sunday, November 16, 2014

Stage Two

Second semester is here and we continue our Photography lessons with our Concept and Creative Photography class, with the same professor, Sir Rey Mendoza. As an introductory we were asked three questions:

  1. What have we learned from Basic Photography class
  2. What can be improved on ourselves
  3. What are our suggestions and expectations

Quoting from my previous blog post:
"I remember on the first day we were asked about why we want to learn Photography, and I answered: "Even though I already have experience how to use an SLR, the settings like Aperture, ISO and Shutter Speed and some others aren't really cleared up for me, I wanted to know what they are for. ", and after months of attending classes, my goal has been achieved and my questions has been answered, I learned a lot more than just the settings but also how to adjust it according situations."
After all that I've learned and experienced, I know I'm still not fit to go all out with Photography, I still have many things to learn in terms of situational and on the spot set up. I'm not fond of doing coverages for events within the campus because I'm not confident enough nor motivated enough to do so.

Since we usually do our shooting activities within the vicinity of the university, most of us students suggested for an outside activity.

We have four hours of class every Monday afternoon and our first topic was about Camera Raw files. Camera Raw files when compared to JPEG is that it has a larger file size, not ready for printing, contains the data of the shot that can be adjusted and reverted back to the original.

Camera Raw files can't be opened by built in image viewers, you still have to open them with another software, I usually use Photoshop to open it and it pops up a "Camera Raw" window which shows the image and its settings that can be adjusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment