Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Another First Step

There are things that you can just take easily, so easy that you don't need to think for more than five minutes. Things that mildly affects your everyday life such as buying a snack from the cafeteria, or brushing your teeth, such things that are already a daily basis for a person that they got used to doing that they dwell on it very long. But there are chances and opportunities that we have to think thoroughly, and decisions that we have to take that may affect a part or even parts of our lives, and these are the things that you can't just take easily, you have to go through a lot thinking and processing "What could happen if I do this?". You have to carefully inspects the aspects of things to know what to expect and to know what you should do.

Stepping right into this class (Principles of Design and Color Theory) conducted by Mr. Rey Mendoza, is a decision I won't regret as much as the ones I've taken, but was necessary. Either way, its a 4-hour session, starting from lunch, and of course, even for a first day, such amount of time shouldn't go to waste, we started off with introductions, then it eases into the first lesson which was about the first forms of Graphic Design, it didn't take very long maybe because the fact that we also have another major subject that will tackle on that. After that, we proceeded on how to handle a project by discussing about asking the questions like "What is the goal?", "Who is the audience?" and "The Time and budget it takes for the said project". I know that I will enjoy this subject because it will focus on something I'm interested in doing and I'm curious about. Although I don't think I'll be able to handle such clients like the given examples we were given, or at least the part that I have to budget the time and money, or specifically the printing part of the job. I'm more on with digital works, but I'll just think that its for the benefit of my future having to know these things.

Even though I have knowledge of a lot of things by now, it doesn't hurt to learn more as long as I'm willing to.

No comments:

Post a Comment